The Avoncroft Museum is an open-air museum of architecture located in Stoke Heath, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire. The museum has about 30 old buildings moved from elsewhere in the county and from the surrounding counties. The buildings are restored and can be visited.
Spire, St Paul’s Church, Smethwick
The spire designed by Peter Falconer was made in 1961 of glass-fibre reinforced polyester. It weight 1.75 tonne and is 17 m height. Originally, the spire was located in Victorian St Paul’s Church in Smethwick (Metropolitan Borough of Sandwell). The last service was held in the church in 1991. Since march 1997, the spire has been one of the elements of Avoncroft Museum exhibition.
Privy, Townsend House, Leominster, Herefordshire
Privy was built in the first half of the 18th century and was located in the garden of 16th century Townsend House, Leominster, Herefordshire. Three people could use the toilet at the same time, because there is wooden arrangement with three holes. Privy was re-located to Bromsgrove’s museum and after 18 months of reconstruction work it was opened in 1984.
Mission Church, Bringsty Common, Herefordshire
Mission Church from Bringsty Common, Herefordshire is opened to public since 1996. The church was built not far from Worcester in Bringsty in 1891 for the Anglicans. An interesting fact is the church was ordered from the catalogue of J C Humphries company from London and was brought by train and then by a horse cart to its permanent place. It was possible, because whole church was prefabricated and in the form of a flat pack. There is a room for about 100 people inside.